Monday 12 November 2012

Foundation - Exploratory - Sketchbook + Development











A selection of sketchbook and developmental work for the Exploratory Stage of my Foundation course.

We were given four vague themes of Body, Time, Identity and Place. I decided to base the project around my earliest memory (visiting Moscow Zoo at 18 months of age) and how memories can be warped and altered by our own expectations or other experiences.

I can remember there being three bears in the bear enclosure. I remember the enclosure consisting of a little lake and a wooden house. As far as I recall the "Daddy Bear" was fishing and playing in the lake and the "Mother Bear" came out to call him inside.
This reality of this event is unlikely to be how I recall it as I have romanticised it over time and made obvious connections to the Goldilocks and The Three Bears Story.

I experimented with textiles, photography, 3D, animation and collage, before settling on a paint and fine liner set of final pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment